April 30, 2009

An update of sorts...

No big FAMILY events to report on since Easter, so I thought I would take a different approach. Just an update on the kids. But stay tuned! I'm headed to the Ellen DeGeneres Show on Monday! WHOO-HOO!!!!

Jack: The soccer season started a few weeks back, and we have had two games so far. The team is 1-1. It's pretty cool how far these kids have come since last season. It's not such a painful thing to watch this go 'round. He LOVES to be the goalie, and is pretty darn good at that position. The team's name is Little Scrappers. LAME!!! Jack's suggestions were The Bullet Jets or The Blood Snakes. Imagine them not jumping on either of those names? Preschool is coming to an end quickly, and Kindergarten will begin in the Fall. *sniff sniff*
Claire: She is anxiously counting the days until SHE gets to start preschool. She's been able to attend Happy Hour at the preschool. It's on a Friday or a Saturday night at the preschool, and the kids bring their dinner in a bag. They all play in the backyard, and it's been best described by Claire's Fall teacher, Mrs. Johnston. Think back to the days of playing out in your neighborhood until it was dark. All the kids...all ages...finding ways to play together. That's Happy Hour! And it's even happier for John and I....4 hours of no kids!
Her dance class has started practicing for their June recital, and will be tapping to "I've Got No Strings" from Pinocchio. It's very cute!

We are heading to Disneyland next weekend for Mother's Day! We can't wait...
just say no to SWINE FLU! Oink OINK!!!


2 comments:

Cuties said...

That picture of Jack is great!! 6 more days till DISNEY! Yippee!

Nichole said...

You are a funny lady, Joan. Always entertaining to read your posts.
The kids are getting so big! I can't wait to see Claire at the Co-op next year.