First for the "SANTA" part of my entry...took the kids to see Santa today. I took out all of the pictures on Santa's lap over the last 4 years. I showed them to Claire the other day, and she noticed that last year she was crying. She said this year she would sit on his lap, NOT cry, and tell him she wanted Minnie Mouse, Dora and Pimpesses ("Princesses"). We strolled up to where Santa was at the mall, and she immediately began to cry. "No! I not sit on his lap!" So, I took her out of the stroller and held her so she could get a better look. Santa waved at her, and showed her that he had something for her to hold. She was intrigued, so we walked over. Jack climbed right onto his lap, and she was game for doing the same. Hooray! We got a decent picture! I take the kids to the same mall every year, because they have the SAME Santa every year. He's a nice looking Santa, not like others I have seen where you really should call Child Protective Services. This one cuts off his hair and his beard right after Christmas, and then grows it all year to be ready for the next one.
Now for the "THON" part of my entry. This past weekend was Marathon Madness. John's sister, husband and 3 of her friends came out to run as well. Laura, and her friends, ran the half marathon, and Eric ran the full marathon with me. Friday was the Marathon Expo where we picked up our race number, chip and very disappointing t-shirt. Usually they are long-sleeved, cool colors, cool desgn....SOMETHING. This was short-sleeved, plain gray or tan, and just had the logo on it. Oh well. We visited some of the booths at the expo and picked up some other cool running apparel anyway.
Kara, Linda, Laura and Suzie outside the expo. Linda, sporting the Elvis glasses
Eric and Laura checking into the Pasta Party with Elvis. No pics of me yet. John had my camera around mile 22, but I should have changed the lens for him. He was too far away, so I am a mere speck in the pictures. The race photogs should be posting pics soon, so I will copy one of them. I really should have "blogged" my thoughts about the race right away. At this point, the soreness is subsiding, and the painful last few miles don't seem so bad. I was very happy to finish. I experienced some cramping in my legs towards the end, and it was not pretty. I went down to a speed walk, and actually think I was walking faster than I was running. Once I hit mile 25, I dug deep and wanted to just get it done. Finished in 5:37, which I THINK is one minute faster than my last one. That cracks me up!! I did want to beat my last time, and I did....by the skin of my teeth! I am pretty sure I will be sticking to HALF-marathons from now on, but never say never.
4 comments:
I love that Santa, too. Fashing Show? My kids are very excited to see Santa and Opportunity Village tomorrow.
Yeah for the marathon. That really amazes me. I still can't believe you worked at the Co-op the next day. :)
Cute Santa picture!
I had to check and see how the race went. Congrats for finishing and breaking your record!!
Congratulations on the marathon! Congrats on the Santa picture!
You are my hero. I am not sure I could handle the half marathon.
After what seems like a decade the Meadows has a new guy. Not bad, but not as good as the last one. Sage kicked him in a very sensitive area twice. Poor guy. Might explain what happened to the last guy.
Post a Comment