September 3, 2008

First Day of School!



Jack has been counting the days until the first day of school. Even in June he would ask, "Is summer over yet?" So, today when he got up, he was super excited, and said, "Today I'm in the 4's class!!!!" His teacher this year is Mrs. Fitzgerald (Mrs. Fitz, to the kids). All of his friends from his class last year are in this year's class, too. Plus a few others that he also knows, so 13 in his class this year. When he went to Meet The Teacher Day last week, there was a dry aquarium that was all set up for the class pet. It had clues as to WHAT was going to live in the tank, and today ROSIE the rose-haired TARANTULA was there. "Awesome!" to Jack, "Yikes!" for Mom. Claire and I will go and pick him up at noon, and we can't wait to hear all of the details. Headed to McDonald's with his class after school to celebrate a great day! Hope this all means an early bed time tonight!
MORE FROM THE FIRST DAY....
We are home from all of the post-pick up activities. Jack was excited to see Claire and I, and gave Claire a big hug. We headed over to McD's, and I got a recap of the day in the car. "The 4's class is sooooo much fun! We had Pirate's Booty and apples for snack, and my favorite part of the day was when we sang songs. There is a new "goodbye" song, but I forget how it goes now." I am looking forward to being the working parent in class, so I can see all the differences in the 4's class. Sounds pretty cool!

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Yoo-hoo! Jack has "arrived" now that he's in the 4's! No more cubbies, no more small side-yard. You go, Upperclassmen! Thinking of everyone at the Co-op! Have a great year.

Cuties said...

So glad you had a great day at school Jack! Ella wants you to know that she likes your backpack =)

Nichole said...

Have fun with Mes. Fitz, I hear she is awesome!