So, it's nearing the end of November, and while some are enjoying this nice weather (75+ degrees), I am ready for a drop in the temperature. The kind where I KNOW what to wear each day, and how to dress the kids. Not the kind where you are peeling off layers mid-day. Once the weather cools, I head to Starbucks for a pumpkin scone. I just can't have one until the time is right. Today, I found a copykat recipe for them, and decided maybe THIS would do the trick. I'd get my scone, and the weather would make the turn. If you love them as much as I do, and want to give this recipe a whirl, then here it is. I must say, they are pretty tasty, and you can make them much smaller than the ones you get at Starbucks. Now I have to hide them....Jack loves them, too.
http://www.recipezaar.com/Starbucks-Pumpkin-Scones-214051
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You are so right! I got sunburned on Tuesday! What is that?! I want scarf and UGGs weather NOW! Thanks for sharing the recipe, I am a fan of pumpkin scones also!
Sorry.. no sympathy for the weather here. Current temp is 27 (up from 21 when I left the house this morning bundled head to toe in down and wool). I will, however, sympathize with the Starbucks fix. I have been pining for the Molasses cookies that they only have during the winter season. Haven't been able to find them yet, though. Talk about YUM! I guess I'll have to try the pumpkin scone in the meantime. Good for you for makin' your own!
Ooo...pumpkin scones...yummy! I love the change in the weather too. I always head to Starbucks for an eggnog latte. LOVE the nutmeg sprinkled on top.
I must be all Vegas. It is all about the iced green tea from Starbucks for me!
I am so with you on the weather. I would be thrilled with 50-60 degree weather. Then it might actually feel like it is time to eat turkey.
I had a pumpkin latte the other night and boy was it yummy! I agree though...see ya peace to this weather!
Post a Comment