November 30, 2008

One week to go....



Well, really it's see JOAN run, but this will do. A week from today I will be running the Las Vegas Marathon. 26.2 miles down the Strip and through the city. I'm looking forward to it, because I think I am ready. I KNOW I am ready for the training to be over, and to just be able to go and run whatever I WANT to run, WHEN I feel like running. It's been fun training with my friends though, and it's going to be a great feeling to see us all cross the finish line. This is my second marathon. First one was the Walt Disney World Marathon in Jan of '03. It was such a great feeling to run through all 4 parks on their property, with guests there cheering you on. Here will be different, because I live here. So, we are going to have friends at different locations for support. My friend, Heidi, lives at mile 21 and has always wanted to have a Marathon Party. This year she is doing it, complete with breakfast burritos. I could very well be hungry enough to scarf one down when I pass by her. My brother-in-law, Eric, will also be running the full marathon, and my sister-in-law, Laura, will be running the half marathon with some friends. If you live in Vegas, watch us on TV. I'm sure you'll locate me amongst the other 10,000 runners. If you don't live here, you may be able to track my progress on the marathon website... www.lvmarathon.com.

4 comments:

Kerry said...

Good luck to all of you! Let me know if you will need a foot soak afterwards to celebrate! :)

Tiffany said...

Good Luck Joan!! We'll be rootin for ya!! You're awesome!

Michelle said...

I think you are amazing for taking this on! I'm sure you will do great. I can't believe this is your second one!

Murphys said...

Whoo hoo, go Joan! I'll be thinking about you! Such a big accomplishment.
Love, Kirstin