October 3, 2008

A Pickin' and a Grinnin'

Today was the annual Gilcrease Orchard Field Trip with Jack's school. I was really looking forward to today for a couple of reasons. Decent weather this year, we were going early enough in October that the crops would be good, and Claire could WALK on her own this time. Well, it all went well for the most part. Claire got a little tired of the walking, and had a few "moments", but she climbed in the wagon, grabbed a snack and regrouped. The weather was good for the most part, but we were glad to get there early, and LEAVE early. We scored 4 pumpkins, a ton of apples, and about 5 good-sized zucchinis. Jack and I will start in on our traditional zucchini bread (well, 2nd annual), and we got a good zucchini idea from his teacher, Mrs. Fitz, that we might try with dinner. In any case, it was fun, but we all all tired out. Now I am online looking for a good Apple Crisp recipe.




1 comment:

Michelle said...

Where were they hiding all the apples? We couldn't find any good ones. I missed out on the zuccini too. I guess there's always next year or I guess I could visit the orchard on my own. Zuccini bread sounds good!